Join Julie to learn the mystery of machine embroidery. This is now such a popular art form and can be done in so many different ways. Rather than make one finished piece and learn one technique, Julie aims to show you many ways that machine embroidery can be used with plenty of examples to inspire you. Suitable for beginners, sometimes even easier, as you have to forget everything you’ve previously learned about precision and just go with the flow. You will need to bring your own sewing machine, as long as you can drop the feed (or can cover the teeth with a plate) and have an embroidery foot. Just bring yourself and your sense of humour, guaranteed to result in excited squeals from time to time! At the end of the day you will take away a stunning sampler showing various techniques. All the examples shown in these images have been made in one day by absolute beginners. All workshops run from 10am till 4pm.
Learn how to:
- Drop the feed on your machine and “draw” using the thread
- Experiment stitching with and without a hoop
- Stitch with freedom- anywhere, any direction
- Use bondaweb to apply cut fabrics onto a background
- Add paint successfully, without the bleed
- Use transfer pens
- Write words freehand
- Be inspired to make your own designs and see how versatile and truly addictive this art form really is
For more examples of the sort of thing you will be making, click here
If the date you prefer is full and you wish to add your name to the reserve list, please fill in the contact form here.
For up to date reviews please click here